GoDutch Realty cares about your privacy. Therefore, we are in compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). In order to provide services through our web site, Email, Newsletters and in person, we must collect personal information about you. However, we take prudent measures to ensure your privacy and confidentiality of your personal data.
Our commitment to safeguarding your privacy is reflected in our GoDutch Realty Ethics Code, which governs the behavior of our employees and agents. When you visit and navigate our website and when you communicate with us via our site, we will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily. Any non-public personal information that you may provide via our sites will be used solely for the purpose stated on the page where it is collected.
For more information about your privacy, call any member of our group, or contact the administrative offices.
The GoDutch Realty Ethics Code and Committee
We at the GoDutch Realty Costa Rica take ethics and your privacy seriously. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our clients in all of our business operations.
The following is to inform you about our privacy practices. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information about our clients. We also want to be sure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information to our own partners and realtors for those purposes. The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
Why we collect personal information
We do NOT reveal, sell or make public your private information.
Your private information, provided by you as a subscriber to our newsletter Ivo’s blog, will not be disclosed to anyone but our own associates so we can help you find the property or information you are looking for.
If you are one of our clients, your GoDutch Realty agent needs some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is confidential, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and to maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. For example, when new properties or services become available, we collect information that allows us to identify your needs and desires so that we can accurately identify you and notify you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze client usage of our website and facilities to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a few circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our clients. In any case, we will only disclose the minimum information required. Here are some examples:
- Client information may be shared among GoDutch Realty agents to help us serve our clients better and to provide them with high quality service.
- We may disclose a client’s personal information to our real estate attorneys in order to assist you with legal matters pertaining to the sale or purchase of a property or business. This would only be done with your consent.
How do we protect your personal information?
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- We will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- We will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- We will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- We will honor any reasonable request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail lists. However, we use these lists to inform you of available properties and other relevant information, products, and services that may be of benefit to you. You would have to affirm in writing that you did not wish to be contacted by us for any reason.
You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us or contact one of our agents. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above.