Here are on this page, I’ve tried to give you helpful links to relocate successfully to Costa Rica. This information can assist you incredibly when you’re looking for a certain service or assistance.
When you move or retire to Costa Rica, there are a million things you need to think about and a million connections you need to get everything done. Information about Moving to Costa Rica, Living in Costa Rica, Working in Costa Rica, and Retiring in Costa Rica.
Therefore, if you are purchasing through one of our GoDutch Realty area specialists, our agents will help you with many things. But to make it easier on you, ahead of time, you can do your due diligence before you even come here.
Therefore, we have decided to put this list of helpful links together for you. In other words, here are some helpful links to relocate to find important information about moving to Costa Rica such as Residency, Utilities, Banking, and Employees.
International Flight Info – arrivals and departures
- Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) check flight info here.
- Daniel Oduber Liberia International Airport (LIR) check flight info here.
- General information about Daniel Oduber Liberia International Airport, see here.
2. Live legally
Obtain Residency and relocate successfully:
- Pacheco, Marin & Associados residency lawyers, check for information here.
- ResidencyPuraVida, attorney Mónika Valerio De Ford and Fernando J. Valerio Sánchez, check for information here.
3. Rent or buy Property
Don’t make any mistakes renting or buying and relocate successfully. Above all, use the GoDutch Realty services for that.
- Check first with the Central Valley real estate experts before you go elsewhere, check here.
- Learn where to live in Costa Rica in 20 steps, go here.
- Calculate your closing cost now.
- Learn more about the Luxury Home Tax here.
- Rent before you buy, click here.
- 40 Smart steps before renting in Costa Rica, go here.
- Learn all about renting in Costa Rica here.
- Everything you should know about real estate in Costa Rica, click here.
3. Move Here
Move to Costa Rica with the assistance of the right people and relocate successfully
- Here is an expert company who have serviced our clients for over 25 years: Moving Your Household
- Calculate the taxes on your car that you will have to pay when you import it to Costa Rica (Spanish)
You will need a phone to relocate successfully:
Learn all you need to know about having a phone in Costa Rica. This article also shows all your options for phone companies.
If you like to watch TV, you’re kind of stuck to acquiring a combined TV and Internet package from a Cable company. Only Sky TV doesn’t have internet services, but all the others do. Therefore, you want to compare the following companies:
- Kölbi – Over 115 channels, check here.
- Cabletica – Over 70 channels, check here.
- Tele Cable – Check their coverage here.
- Tigo – 56 channels or more, check here.
- Super Cable – 80 channels or more here.
- Claro TV – 60 channels or more here.
- Sky TV – 189 channels or more here.
After that, you also have to learn all you need to know about Internet Services in Costa Rica.
7. Home Inspection
There are not many home inspectors in Costa Rica. Here is one with building experience in Costa Rica and abroad.
- Sebastien Legault – home inspections – email email@example.com
8. IRA & 401K
Did you know you can use your IRA or 401(k) to buy a property in Costa Rica? Learn all about this here.
These three companies can assist you with your property purchase in Costa Rica:
9. Mail Services
Wherever you are going to live, the mailman will probably not deliver at home. Learn more about how to get the mail when moving to Costa Rica now.
There are a few mail services available in Costa Rica. For instance:
10. Your Pets
We have plenty of stray pets in Costa Rica. However, you might want to bring your own:
- The #1 Guide to bring your pets.
- Information about bringing your pet to Costa Rica Continental Airlines
- Requirements to bring your pet to Costa Rica.
If you’re a legal resident, you will be able to access the CCSS hospitals, check here.
There are now quite a few private hospitals in Costa Rica. For instance:
In addition, if you need an ambulance, call 911 or read this article.
12. Costa Rica photography
Any photography that you need- drone – virtual tours. Or use a local photographer to receive you at the airport where you’ll start your new adventure for example.
- Florian Kuster Photography – check his website
- Karla Cordero – check her website
- Isaac Martinez – check his website
13. Recommended Governmental Sites
You can hire a lawyer to assist you with most of your legal needs. However, here are a few governmental sites that might be useful:
Residency – Immigration – Direccion General de Migracion y Extranjeria go here.
Driver’s License – Validation of Driver’s License based on a Foreign License – click here (use Google translate)
Requirements for New Driver’s License and Renewal – click here.
Homologation Process University/College Degree in Costa Rica – click here
Above all, you don’t want to run into trouble. But, if that happens, here are a few embassies you might need:
- United States Embassy in San José
- Consulate General of Costa Rica in Washington
- Costa Rican Consulate in Miami
I hope you enjoy these Helpful links to relocate to Costa Rica tremendously!
By Phone (506) 2289-5125/8834-4515
Above all, we look forward to hearing from you!